Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Diablo III Nightmare and Hell: A Comparison.

Luke and I just finished Diablo III on Nightmare over the weekend and it was a great experience.  I very much enjoyed it.  The game was challenging in a very fun way.  Nothing really felt gimmicky or stupid.

However, I noticed that the gear that was dropping wasn't ususally very good.  Infrequently, I'd get a drop that was decent enough to be an upgrade, but I'd usually be taking a hit to DPS or HP.  I tried to balance it out as best as I could, but I've totally sacrificed all of my magic find except for 9% I have on a shield.

That's right, I'm also wielding a 1h weapon and a shield.  As a Monk.  Who's supposed to be all fast and ... monk-ey.


Monkey


>.>

<.<

*Crickets*

Tough crowd.

Anyway, now that we're on Hell, everything feels like this:


Even with 3 people, myself as a Monk, Luke playing a Wizard, and our buddy Bennett playing a Demon Hunter, we're still all running around like retards.  It's kind of lame.  I didn't roll up a fucking Monk to ... run around and not kill shit.  Because if I do stand next to any rare or champion pack, I get rolled pretty quick.  And I typically get stuck and can't move out of the shit surrounding me, whether that be walls from the mobs or the mobs themselves.

Itemization seems to be part of the problem.  We're not killing elites fast enough and none of us have enough HP to withstand the damage they put out long enough to kill them.  Blizzard has admitted to there being a problem in Inferno with too much spikey damage, and that damage was intended to be a steady drain on HP, not BLAM BLAM DEAD.

Anyway, gear improvements are coming slowly and I'm thinking there will be a lot of farming going on in Hell before we make it to Inferno.  I just hope the classes are fixed before shit gets nerfed any further than it already has.



No comments:

Post a Comment