Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard

Last week, my Logitech G15's (first gen) finally took a shit.  The number pad has been having back-lighting issues, flickering on and off, and the keys not responding.  It's gotten to the point now where it's so bad, I can't really even use the number pad reliably.  So I caved and bought a new keyboard for my desktop and shifted the old one up to the music box.

I invested (understatement) in a Razer Black Widow Ultimate keyboard.  It is a mechanical keyboard.  It is very loud when I type.  But after only a day with it, I've gotten used to the feedback and am starting to like it.  And I love the way the mechanical key stroke feels.

I don't use macros much.  And honestly, when I game, I use the Nostromo, which has been amazing in combination with the Razer Naga Epic.  So I simply use the keyboard for communication and some other games that are too clunky on the Nostromo.

Can't really say much else about it except that the first one I bought had faulty back lighting on the Q.  I brought it back and got another one, realizing that the first one was probably open-box (some tape was missing on the internal boxing of the original keyboard).

I'll keep using it and see if anything comes up that bothers me.  So far, it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment