Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Too Effing Busy

So I'm super busy as Minnesota Brass has gone in to full swing and work has taken a major turn.  I've learned a lot of new SQL tricks in the last two weeks.

Brass is going well.  We had an exhibition today at the Hilton in Minneapolis.  Great fun.

I have yet to receive my corset.  I contacted the vendor and she's unsure of what the issue is.  I have a sneaky suspicion that someone has a present in the present mail box and hasn't checked their mail in two weeks.  (I live in a town-house area and the mailboxes are grouped up.  And when someone gets a package delivered via USPS, it goes in the present box.  Anything else, UPS or FedEx, comes to the front door).  The reason I think someone has a present in the present mailbox is because the key for both present mailboxes (box 1 and 2) haven't been in there for two effing weeks.

Good news is that my dress was finished and I picked it up yesterday.  I tried it on at the tailor's and it fits PERFECTLY.  The seamstress did a phenomenal job on taking the dress in.  It was really just 1 or 2 dress sizes too big.  The armpits are up in the armpits now, and the bust is where my bust is.  The hood is a bit smaller now, since she had to take some cloth out of that to make up for the shoulders being too wide as well (which were also taken in a bit).  So it fits ever so snug without the corset, and I think it'll be very comfortable with the corset.  Won't know until I get the damn thing though.

I've also started reading a different book while in the middle of Game of Thrones.  It's on the list of my books to review at this time, but I'm not going to do this one chapter by chapter.  It's non-fiction, so I don't see there being a point to do a chapter by chapter review.

I also saw Thor last night in 3D.  I'll post a review on that.  And I also bought L.A. Noire for PS3.  And I've been playing a lot of Dragon Age II again.  So I'm going to do reviews on those as well in the Tech Corner.

Again, not a true Tech Post, just a general life update. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment