Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trying Different Shampoos Again

The summer is a really shitty time for my hair.  It's constantly frizzy.  Nothing I do really makes a difference.  No shampoo/conditioner/product really gets rid of the frizz.  Even when I tried going no shampoo, my hair was still frizzy.

I bought this Organix shampoo and conditioner called Brazilian Keratin Therapy.  Well, I don't know if I got really hot and sweated a bunch last night or if it was extra humid in the house (even with the air on, it gets damp) but I woke with some pretty terrible frizz.

I've been showering at night as an experiment in waking up with nicer looking hair as opposed to washing it in the morning and letting it air dry.  Gravity is also unkind to my hair (weight of all this hair pulls the waves out.  Laying flat to dry on a pillow allows it to dry nice and wavy without frizz).

This didn't work last night, and I don't know if it was because of the new shampoo and conditioner or if it was just a one off.  I'm going to continue using the stuff until it's gone, but I'm a little nervous that it did something bad to my hair.  Feels like it might have dried it out.  But I'm suspecting that I might have left it in the towel too long before putting my curling creme in it, which I've also found a great balance in using.  My hair feels super soft, but it's still super frizzy.

Once I'm out of this stuff, I might switch to the Macadamia Oil.  Dunno though, have to see if this stuff ever works at all.


3 comments:

  1. I heard that leaving your hair in a towel or towel drying is really bad if you want to avoid frizz. Something about the heat and friction with the towel fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard this, but unfortunately, putting it in a t-shirt does fuck-all for soaking up the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, eff that. I have some stuff that balances out the frizz pretty well for my hair. It's Redken (Shine) Outshine 01. It's an 'anti-frizz polishing milk' and I throw a decent amount in my hair after I towel dry it but while it's still wet. I know your hair is much more temperamental than mine, but I thought I'd throw it out there for ya in case you'd wanna try it.

    ReplyDelete