Friday, August 24, 2012

No Poo Again

Warning: the following is a rant.

FUCK NO SHAMPOO.  I HATE IT.  I CAN'T STAND IT.  MY HAIR IS SO GREASY.  IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Last week I decided I'd try no poo again.  No poo, for those that don't know, means not shampooing your hair because shampoos, even the organic ones, strip your hair of oils that your hair needs to be soft and silky and smooth and not frizzy.

Well, I've showered twice since then (yeah, I don't get smelly since all I do is sit at a desk all week) and my hair from root down about 4 inches is just covered in greasiness.  I can't begin to describe the stuff that I'm scratching off my scalp.  It's maddening.

I'm going to keep trying though.  I am NOT going to use a baking soda rinse though because last time I did that, it dried the SHIT out of my hair.  It was so frizzy, I don't think it's recovered yet and that was like three months ago.

I am however, still conditioning my hair with an organic conditioner.  The length of my hair, from about the ears down, is soft, but still a frizzy heaping mess.  So hopefully in a month or so, it'll start to look better.  Let's just hope I can make it a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment