Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Enchantress

About two weeks ago I finished reading Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Enchantress.  It was an awesome conclusion to a fantastic series.

Time travel is something that I always find a sticky to put in to a plot.  Sometimes it's not handled properly.  But in this book, I think it was done well.

Major Spoiler Alert:

Sophie and Josh are transported back in time to Danu Talis to prevent its destruction at the command of Isis and Osiris who want to put Sophie and Josh up as puppets of the island and rule behind them.  Sophie and Josh decide that they want to maintain history the way it occurred and prevent Isis and Osiris (who have been turned into dragons by the Change, something all Elders go through) from forcing this change in the past.

This makes sense enough.  Sophie and Josh were brought back to change it and they didn't; they acted so that it to occur exactly how it happened originally, ensuring the continued existence of Earth and everything on it.

It was a very well written series and I'm glad I stumbled upon it.  They were fun reads, and I'm recommending them to people all the time, regardless of age.  Highly recommended for teens as well.

I'm already nearly done reading The First Confessor.  Review will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment