Thursday, October 25, 2012

Life at Conception

Alright this is going to be a sticky subject but I have a few very specific thoughts on abortion that I want to get straight before I confuse myself again.

Abortion.  I wouldn't do it unless I was raped or the baby's existence inside me was a huge threat to my life. Because 1.) I don't want the result of my rape walking around reminding me that I was raped, 2.) there are enough kids in foster care as it is (as well as poor hungry children in the rest of the world) and 3.) I can make another baby that I actually want with my husband.

However, I can understand why a woman can justify an abortion from an unplanned pregnancy.  Look at in terms of timelines:  Timeline A exists without Baby.  You have no idea what that baby will do or become or say or think or anything else.  It's all circumstantial.  Timeline B exists with that baby and they have grown in to a wonderful human being and they wrote a symphony and they are a premier composer/conductor in a major orchestra.  Yay!

You cannot know what that clump of cells will equate to 30 fucking years from now.  Alright?  Get over that.  You are being way too prophetic if the reason you get up in arms about abortion is because future potential.  Everyone has potential and a lot of people waste it, I don't hear you griping about those people?  I had potential and wasted it but I made it out alright!

You cannot tell a pregnant woman that she is killing a "life" when she is having an abortion.  Life, to me, isn't the existence of a bunch of cells or even the semblance of a baby within a womb.  You cannot bitch about all the things that that baby will never get to do anymore because, guess what, you don't know what the fuck that baby would get to do!  Evar!  It doesn't work that way!

My friend once said "I don't know, I wouldn't be happy if my mom aborted me."

Shut up you fucking retard!  If your mom aborted you, NONE OF US WOULD KNOW.  Timeline B, the one we're in right now with you in it, would cease to exist and Timeline A, the one with out you, would be reality and we would be none the wiser.  And nobody would know or be aware of the lack of your existence because you never existed to begin with.  You never did any of these things you've done the last 26 years, so it would not matter.

But what about the potential you're destroying?

You're not a prophet.  You cannot say what this baby will accomplish in life, at all, to any degree of certainty.

There.  That's where my argument comes from for making abortion completely legal.  It is up to the woman and her physician (and the father of said baby, expect for rape and incest, then that fucker gets no say) if an abortion is right for her/them.

No comments:

Post a Comment