Monday, October 29, 2012

Torn

I don't know who to vote for.

Fo realz.

No clue.

I want to believe Obama can turn this country around.  But just the concept of this voting-between-shitty-and-shittier is so tired and old.  I don't want to play in to that system anymore.  And all I see happening to him is cockblock after cockblock by the right-wing crazies that have their pockets lined by big oil companies and other major corporations.

I want to vote for Jill Stein.  But I don't want my vote to be wasted.  And it feels as though it will be if I vote for her (Green party).  But I love her stance on almost every single one of her policies.  This page sums it up.

http://www.jillstein.org/issues

I'm extremely pleased that there is a politician out there that thinks a.) the two party system sucks, b.) the electoral college sucks and c.) Citizens United sucks.

But what if the worst situation happens: I vote for Jill Stein and (obviously my one vote won't cause this to happen) Mitt Romney wins.  NOFX said it best "The President is laugh 'cause we voted for Nader."

Maybe Romney won't be so terrible?  I think he will be.  I think women will lose a ton of ground in our health care and what is covered by insurance.  I also think we will lose our bodily autonomy and no one will ever be allowed to have an abortion again, nor will we be allowed to have recreational sex (i.e. use birth control) because Romney's camp seem to believe that people should only have sex to procreate and that every sperm/egg is sacred.

Obama or Stein?  I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment